I have a long history of making instructional videos. The reason that I have made so many instructional videos is that I learn best from instructional videos. I have learned so many things from YouTube. It’s really like my favorite thing in the whole world. Everything from how to deal better with people to how to fix my bike to how to cook different foods and of course how to dance.
I started with Elastic Illusion for those of you who don’t know. We made these funny instructional videos for a wide audience. We have many millions of views. It worked. But it was never where my heart was I realized. I was a serious student. I liked serious teachers who really knew what the hell they were talking about.
So I started making these other videos, my poppingtv and later TICTICPOP videos. These have many thousands of views, but I am much happier. The people who REALLY want to learn are watching them. That’s what I actually have the most interest in. Real students.
With Elastic Illusion, we made these DVDs. Our business model was to put our videos on YouTube and then put a teaser at the end encouraging people to buy the DVD. It worked well.
I tried the same thing on my own but again, my heart was never in it. Cuz see, I’m the kind of person who pirates things. I jailbreak my iPhone. I download pirates versions of Adobe Photoshop. I download MP3s off of a YouTube converter. I search for PDFs on Google. I use PirateBay. It’s like, who am I to try to FORCE other people to buy my shit when I don’t always buy people’s shit.
And then I realized another thing. I like supporting people that I like. It makes me feel good. About them. About me. About life. I support when I can and I pay nothing when I can’t. It’s all good I figure. Hakuna Matata and the circle of life and the wheel of karma and shit.
So I’ve finally just decided to put my stuff out there as a pay what you want download. You get everything. All the music, all the videos, anything you want. Take it. Free. Cool. $1000. Wow. $1. Aight. We’ll figure it out. The link is at the bottom of the page beneath my services
I know that some people like to have a price for things though. So here’s what I’ll say. I think the videos and music and everything that you get is worth about $30 to me. In the past, that’s like $300 worth of stuff but this ain’t 1999 no more. So it’s like–if *I* was thinking about what *I* would pay for this, I’d think… $30 sounds about reasonable.
So if you want a price, it’s $30. If you don’t, pay wutchu like homie.
Skeeter Rabbit was my main popping teacher. His motto was each one teach one. He and Pete and Jazzy and Taco and Andre and Brian Green and Stretch taught me many many times for free. I want to be part of this circle of life. The dance is bigger than any of us. Most importantly, I just want you to learn it and learn it well. To do me proud. To say, Otis Funkmeyer, that’s my main teacher. And his motto was each one teach one, just like his teacher before him.
MINI CLIP CRITIQUE
Best Way to Stay Focused
- Breaks down the singlemost important thing for YOU to be working on right now
- Detailed breakdown that references your clip with specific minutes and seconds so that YOU can see what I see
- An explanation of WHY this one thing is most important for YOU
- Takes into consideration your current goals with popping and who YOUR favorite dancers are
- Helps you to dance how YOU want to dance
- Available for those who know how important FOCUS is and are already on their way
- Great way to try me out. If you like what you see and want to upgrade, I apply the price toward another option
FULL CLIP CRITIQUE
For those who truly want to be the best
- First we start with determining your goals and dreams as a dancer
- Next, we take a look at how YOU actually want to dance. Who are YOUR favorite dancers
- From here, you get a completely comprehensive, insanely detailed breakdown of what is working, what is not, and how best to get where you want to go
- Did I mention DETAIL?? I’m talking “check out right middle finger and how it’s out of line on your tuts at 0:27″ if that’s what you need. I’m talking “your right knee needs to drop more thank your left knee when you are doing a boogaloo roll to the right at 2:12.” This helps YOU see what I see and develops your OWN eye helping you to learn to TEACH YOURSELF
- A gameplan of how to get from here to there with a focus on the 3 most important steps you can take, whether that’s drills, steps, style, or emotions
- This plan should take you about 6 months to come up to speed on. This is like getting an ultimate private lesson for the next half a year.
- Always with a focus on how YOU want to dance. Now how you “should” dance
- If you like what you see and want to upgrade, I apply half the price toward another option
1-HOUR PERSONAL TRAINING VIDEO
The thing I always wished I had so now I offer it to YOU!
- As always, we start with determining your goals and dreams as a dancer and take a look at how YOU actually want to dance. Who are YOUR favorite dancers, what are YOUR favorite styles, etc.
- From here, I go through the entire process of the detailed clip critique and rather than just telling it to you, I make you a PERSONAL video with drills, exercises, techniques, and even workouts and stretches and nutrition recommendations so that you can just put it on and watch it over and over and over. Who needs motivation when you can just hit PLAY and follow along! It’s like a personal trainer in your home!
- The same level of detail that goes into the clip critique will go into the training videos. With my expertise at making instructional videos, I know how important it is to do things for a certain amount of time on video, knowing that you can just repeat it over and over.
- The video will be based on the 3 most important steps you can take and then include a ton of variations so that you never got bored. We also always have bumpin beats so that you actually ENJOY practicing with the video
- This plan should also take you about 6 months to come up to speed on. But now after 6 months you will be BEASTING. People will be shocked how much better you’ve gotten.
- Always with a focus on how YOU want to dance. Now how you “should” dance
THE ULTIMATE WEEKEND
$1000 for the weekend
I'm on some best in the world shit
- Re-read everything in the previous sections because that’s where we start. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg
- I’ll put you up in LA at my studio and we’ll spend the weekend getting down, training, busting ass, changing your life, showing you techniques and workouts and drills and personally fixing and focusing every part of your dance
- The whole time, I’m making a list of what you need so that after you leave, you’ll get both a writeup AND a personal training video
- We’ll talk shop, we might hit up some other dancers, take in LA, do a little show here and there, get your mind right, hit the gym and teach you some physical exercises that will take your dancing to the next level, or maybe we’ll just be drenched in sweat from popping for 6 hours a day.
- Be prepared to be up late because the best popping happens in the middle of the night. You better be able to hang!
- This should not only have you super leveled up in just one weekend, but the personal video will be super-deluxe because I will have had all of the time to see YOUR ACTUAL BODY in person and the video should take care of you for the next 1-2 years.
- This is meant for hard-core dancers who care about history, philosophy, concepts, styles, training, nutrition, exercise, psychology, and are in it for the long-haul.
- Transportation to and from LA is obviously not included